Monday, February 19th from 12 – 4 PM.
Contact Tamara Howard for more information and registration.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 807-407-3491
Backside Nines Inc. provides the opportunity for snowboarders to develop appropriate skill progression (learn to ride); also leading to an introduction to competition (learn to compete); as well as training for Nationals (train to compete).
Coaches lead by example and explore the areas of snowboarding etiquette, communication, cooperation with others, smart decision-making, as well as the physical skills required to excel. Athletes are arranged in groups based on experience, ability and age with each individual athlete developing attainable goals and the plan to achieve them step by step.
Backside Nines Inc. focuses on these concepts and more:
- Conditioning and Warm ups
- Area Awareness and Proper Terrain Park Etiquette
- Edge and Board Control
- Switch Riding and Versatility
- Individual Foot Control and Twisting the Board
- Elite Athlete Interaction
- Equipment and Technical Expertise
- How the whole family can be challenged on the Green runs.
Backside Nines Inc. is Winnipeg’s only comprehensive snowboard program designed to introduce the entire family to the awesomeness of snowboarding. Whether you are an early rider who has had a few lessons; a multi-year rider wanting to take it to the next level, maybe learn to compete or even train for Nationals; or an adult wanting to see what all the excitement is about. We aim to provide fun, confidence-building progression based snowboard training, for multiple levels of skill while teaching safe snowboard practices. Nowhere else in Winnipeg will you receive this much training on and off the hill.
Backside Nines Inc. is designed for:
- Early riders that have completed introductory snowboard lessons and feel comfortable on their board.
- Multi-year riders who are looking to further develop their skills and pursue recreational competition.
- Competitive athletes wanting to prepare for Nationals.
- Adults that have completed introductory snowboard lessons and don’t want the kids to have all the fun!