Mushing for Mutts is happening this weekend (March 2-4th, 2018).
The event kicks off on Friday, March 2nd for a “Musher Mixer” event at1885 Wine & Whisky Room
On Saturday, there will be races at Mt. Evergreen, a post-race lunch held atLake of the Woods Brewing Company, and then back to Mount Evergreen for a night skijor/kicksled/snowshoe canicross!
Sunday there will be an urban fun run on Laurenson Creek (behind the Rec Centre) and more!
Race details for Saturday are the following:
Sultana Gold Rush Mush (1.5km)
– Race for beginners or white-whiskered teams
Growler Howler (4km)
– Race for intermediate teams (Prizes from LOWBrewCo)
Nod to the Iditarod (8km)
– Race for advanced teams (cash prizes from StayInKenora.com)
Bearheart Kids’ Dog Derby (1.5km)
– A fun run!
– Prizes from Bearheart Boutique
– Raffle table
– Proceeds go to It’s a Dog’s life
– Spectators welcome
For more information follow Skijor Kenora – Mushin’ for Mutts on Facebook or contact organizer Laura Loohuizen
Register at WebScorer.com